Friday, May 23, 2008

To bundle or not to bundle

I'm terrible at dressing appropriately for the seasons. I don't do it on purpose, but somehow I am always unprepared. The first day of spring that I pick to wear shorts, it spontaneously snows. On the days that I think, man it's freezing! and wear four layers ... we get record highs. Until Mia came along, that wasn't too big of a problem, because the only one who ended up uncomfortable was me. Now though, the poor little sweetheart suffers from my inabilities. Usually I can just take off or add clothes when need be, but my latest problem is dressing her for night time.

How warm does she need to be? Like I would know. The "experts" say to dress her "in clothing that would warm you appropriately." Here is where the problem comes in. When I sleep, I like the sheet, comforter, and an extra blanket all tucked in all the way up to my chin. Shelton on the other hand, likes ONLY a sheet, and pulled up halfway to his waist. (Not always, but at least during summer time). With the fan on. So, where does that leave Mia? She's half me, and half Shelton, so if she is like me, and I don't dress her warmly, she's freezing. If she's like Shelton, she's burning up with just a receiving blanket, poor girl. So, I usually end up dressing her in between, so she's likely never comfortable. The woes of being a first child. Sorry Mia!

At least she sleeps sometimes.

No comments: