Monday, May 12, 2008

Shots

One of my favorite things lately is that I have been getting better and better at interpreting Mia's cues... For example, I can tell her "tired" cry, or her "you'd better give me some attention ASAP" yells, her "I'm starting to get hungry" gurgles and so on. Today though, I heard the worst cry EVER. Mia had her two month shots. It was the saddest thing you've ever heard or seen... I couldn't even watch. I'm really glad that I haven't ever heard that one before. She just sounded so SAD, and hurt. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I know that shots are necessary, but it still hurts my heart listening to my sweet girl crying. I gave her some tylenol before we went in, and we'll see how she feels later today.

On a happy note, Mia is growing well! She is in the 50th percentile in height and head circumference, and right around the 25th percentile for weight (considering she was almost below the 20th percentile in every category last time I went in, I'm pretty proud of this). She now weighs 9 pounds 7 ounces. Good job baby girl!

1 comment:

exclusive_remedy said...

Bethy! I am so glad you told me about your little blog! I am going to enjoy checking up on your life and seeing pictures of your darling little girl. I miss you guys and am glad to see you are doing well.
Mandi