Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Photo Shoot, Take II

I don't know how many of you read my blog (well, "our" blog, I guess... Shelton announced this morning that he finally decided to read some of the posts), but I mentioned earlier how I couldn't get Mia to smile on demand, and I was ready for a professional photographer. This past Saturday I got in contact with someone who is starting up a photography business and they came to our house to shoot some pictures. In comparison, the photo shoot with her that had I was an A+ success. I scheduled them to come over at about 10:30, because that is usually when Mia is the happiest. Not so on Saturday. She started off the shoot by tinkling all over their backdrop, and it just went downhill from there. A little spit up, still no smile. A second tinkling, and still not a single smile.

I then put her into my favorite dress that she has (thank you to Bambi and Camila for giving it to me). I mean, this dress is gorgeous. I hung it on my wall for the first few weeks that I had it. Anyway, I guess Mia didn't quite see its merit, and screamed the second I put it on her (still no smile). I managed to quiet her for a few seconds while the photographer frantically snapped a few shots, but the window was brief (still no smile). Then Mia spit up some more, and the dress had to come off, which of course thrilled her even more(still no smile). By the time I had another outfit on her, she was pretty much raging, and I decided against even trying for more pictures at that point (still no smile). The poor photographer is expecting her first child in a few months, and I think we scared her to death. So, in conclusion,we didn't really get that many good shots in, but here are a few of my favorites. I'm going to take her to the JC Penney's studio as soon as I can work up the courage. Oh, and by the way, the second the photographers drove away, Mia started smiling.


She looks a bit like she's floating, but I like it. The photographer must have edited out the little puddle 'round her nethers.


Isn't the dress gorgeous?
My favorite shot.
As always, we love this little girl. (Even when she tinkles!)

No comments: