Monday, July 14, 2008

Colorado Crazies

Shelton, Mia and I have spent the last week and a half or so with my family in Colorado Springs. It was the first official Taylor family reunion. I brought along the old HP thinking that I might do some blogging while I was there, but as you might have guessed, that didn't really happen. Since we've been home, I decided that I wanted to have my house in better order before I let myself do the fun task of blogging. My house still isn't clean, and it's been almost a week.... hang the laundry, right?

My brother has a pretty nice home, and we snuggly fit all 20 of us crazies in . I don't think that I ever really realize how much I have missed my family until I actually see them. How in the world did my mother survive the raising of 6 children? So far I've only got Mia and I'm pretty sure a significant measure of my sanity is already gone. What a woman. Anyway, it was so great to see everyone. My brother had everything pretty planned out and we managed to squeeze in some pretty fun stuff while we were there... swimming, golfing (for the fellows), manicures and pedicures (for the ladies), shopping, frisbee, baseball, family pictures, fishing, some mad settlers and scum games, a testimony meeting, and quite a few trips down memory lane. I can't wait to see everyone again. We're hoping to all get together at my parents' for Christmas, but we'll see how that works out.

I conveniently lost my camera the day after we got there, and found it the day that we left. It's okay though, because we counted up the pictures that everyone ELSE took, and we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000. Yes, you read that right. My dad is going to put them all on a DVD and send them to the sibs. You'd better WATCH OUT if you read the old blog on the day that I get them, because I might overload the blogger server with Taylor Family Reunion Pictures.

For now, here are a few that I was able to capture.

On the first day, everybody took some time to get reacquainted.

My brother Marc and his wife met Mia for the first time.
As usual, Mia suffered from a lack of attention.

My mom brought a bag of goodies for all the granddaughters. Jazzie especially loved the lip balm.

CAMERA IS LOST....

-
-
-

CAMERA IS FOUND...


On the last full day in Colorado, some of the more adventurous went fishing for a second time. The kids caught some crawdads, and were expressly forbidden to bring them home. Somehow (and I really don't know how) they ended up at the house after all, that the culprits were found to be my nephews Adam and Eric. As punishment, the uncles made the boys eat them.



Adam Later threw up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It looks like a lot of fun. And I laughed out loud when I read your nephew threw up. Child abuse right there:)