Mia, Shelton and I went to Dr. Johnson's Pediatric Clinic on Friday. Aside from the Marge-in-Charge nurse who gave Mia her shots, it was a really positive visit. (I should cut the nurse some slack. I probably wouldn't be a sweetheart either if I had to inject hepatitis into innocent children all day. Did she really have to charge at Mia like that though?) Mia is 12 pounds, 8 ounces and 24 inches long. She's in about the same percentile ranges that she was before (25th for weight, 40th for length, and 50th for head circumference). She meets or exceeds all of the developmental milestones for her age group, and the doctor gave me some really good sleep advice.
He also okay'd Mia to start on semi-solids. Here is the play by play.

Ah, what's that stuff? Can I smell it?

Nope, nah-uh. You thought you were gonna pull a fast one on me, but I'm on to you.

Oh, fine, I'll try it, as long as you let me chew on that blue thing too.

I'm not so sure about this stuff. Did you check to make sure it was FDA approved?

Definitely not my style

There is something strange happening to me.

(Chew... chew... gulp, swallow) Maybe it's not so bad after all. Let me think about it for a second.

Hmm.... This could work for me.

Yes, YES!


I think she likes it.
3 comments:
My co-worker saw the pictures of Mia and commented "wow, she's got a lot of personality."
I have a lot of personality when it comes to food too.
Mia is darling. It took Jo a long time to understand the beauty of solid foods... but life got better when she did:)
Aww! She is so cute and expressive! She's grown so much! I'm sad we didn't get to hang out more when we lived in Provo! How is everything?
Post a Comment