Friday, June 20, 2008

I've been a blog slacker. No excuse really, but Shelton recommended a book to me and I have been reading straight for the past few days. But, we have done a few fun things, like going to the local water park. (Shelton and I are both fried, by the way. A sunburn doesn't help one have a cheery disposition. That's for certain). Mia never touched the water, but she sure looked cute in her suit.

My nephew Eric is an especially tender hearted little fellow, and he loves holding Mia. Notice how he is shading her eyes from the sun (while under the umbrella). He's cute like that.

Like I said, Mia never touched the water. I might be WAY over paranoid, but I'm petrified that she will catch something. She's just a little gal, ya know? She's a helpless little sweetheart, and it's my job to keep her safe. Speaking of safe, here are a few bits of advice that I found. If you're interested, there are more in the "Safe Baby Handling Tips" book.




Oh, and PS, I've added some of my favorite quotes to the side bar. I'll try to keep updating it as I hear words worth remembering.



5 comments:

Melanie said...

Those pictures crack me up! I LOVE Mia's swimsuit and definitely would've kept her out of the water too. She probably had just as much fun anyway. Which book have you been reading? Sounds like a good one!

John Gordon said...

Really? I haven't made your quote board? This is perfect evidence that I do watch what I say around you.

Brooke S. said...

Cute! These baby tips are super funny, and true at that. We miss you guys!

Tian Tian said...

Wow, I haven't seen you for a couple of weeks and so much happens. Mia is so big. She has a boyfriend? The girl gets more action than I do. Love to you guys. I'm getting more normal by the day; maybe you'll ask me to babysit.

The Garrison Family said...

Hi Shelton and Bethany! We have enjoyed looking at your blog. It is so fun seeing the baby. We just started a blog....but I am still trying to figure this all out. Hope to talk to you soon. Cheri