Yesterday Shelton and I took Mia and Dane to McDonalds to play. There were some "big" kids of 12 or 13 playing tag in the actual play structure, and I think they kind of made Mia nervous. For the first few minutes, she was content to watch them play. A little later though, she came back to the table and asked me for a wipe. Thinking she needed to blow her nose or something, I happily obliged.
Several minutes later I noticed her scrubbing the tiled floor very vigorously. When she saw me watching her, she said "Mommy, this floor is filthy. I need to clean it before I can play." Really, Mia? Silly girl.
I'm trying to decide if this is a reflection of the values I have pressed on her. If so, I think I need to lighten up. Play a little more in the mud or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment