Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I have been blessed to have many wonderful fathers present in my life.  Not the least of which being my own father, who has been nothing but supportive of every endeavor I've ever undertaken, and a father-in-law who has taken me in as one of his own.

Having a newborn baby in my house however, I am especially grateful for the father of my babies on this particular Father's Day.. When I married Shelton, I knew he was a catch.  What I didn't know was that everyday of my life I would be grateful for his work ethic, his shoulder to cry on, and his crazy comments and ideas that never fail to make me laugh (see: sanity retention).

The past few months and weeks he has been working hard to not only finish up his second year of Medical School, but also take, pass, and excel on his first step boards.  All the while "enjoying" the first weeks of our son's life and dealing with a more-crazy-than-not sleep deprived postpartum wife.  I don't know how he stayed awake during the exams, much less excelled.

In summation, my wonderful husband deserves the happiest of Father's Days.  The highest praise I can give him is that I hope the son we have can grow up to be just like his daddy. We love you honey!


No comments: