Monday, June 20, 2011

Five more Fings

I know that I have mentioned Mia's tendency to stall bedtime on several occasions.  Tonight our conversation went something like this (I collaborated with Shelton to make sure I stayed true to her own "voice"):

Me:  Alright baby girl, tell me one more thing and then it's time to go to bed.
Mia:  OK mom.  I have one more of five more fings (things) to tell you.

Me: (sighing) Alright missy, what's thing one?
Mia: I lub you.

Me: I love you too.  What's thing two?
Mia: You picked me some blueberries in the tree because you lub me so much.  (This is untrue.  I bought some blueberries at the grocery store, but we've been talking about how veggies and fruits are grown on farms before they come to the store).

Me:  I do love you lots, that's for sure.  What's thing three?
Mia:  Does Bingo lamby have brothers and sisters?  (and then, without pause) Yes.  He does.  They are in his tummy and he feeds them milk.  One is named Rosie.

Me:  That's a tricky situation.  What's thing four?
Mia: I forgot fing four.  Do you remember it?

Me:  No, I don't remember it.  Do you remember thing five?
Mia:  Yes.  Fing five is that I have five more fings to tell you.

This little girl is WAY too smart for her own good.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh dear, she is too smart for her own good!