Friday, June 13, 2008

A Mia Update

I realized that it has been awhile since I have posted the latest details regarding my little girl and just how fast she is growing. I feel like she is almost a new baby every three days or so she changes so much.

She's been batting at things for a few weeks now, and just in the last two weeks she has been perfecting the art of grabbing on to them. This means that she is all of the sudden really into toys. We bought her a little play gym and she LOVES it. It also means that wearing my hair down is almost always off limits.


She's still in love with her fingers, except she's not seeing them exclusively anymore... now that she can grab things, anything that she can get a hold of goes to her mouth. She's still working on her motor skills though, and when she gets really excited about something, it often hits her in the face a couple of times before it makes it into her mouth.


She is an excellent helper around the house.
She's finally starting to get a little chunk on her, and fits into so many more of her clothes. I'll confess that I love dressing her up. Heaven help me when she gets old enough that she wants to pick out her own clothes.

She's starting to show more and more emotion... For the life of me I can't get this picture to rotate, but I included it anyway to show her "mad" face.
This girl would sit in the bathtub all day if I let her.

She attended her first girls night out yesterday with some old high school friends and I.

She even joined in the conversation a few times and told us about the men in her life.

She can occasionally roll over from her tummy to her back, but we haven't yet seen her roll from her back to her tummy. Her hair is coming in a lot lighter than it was when she was born. I don't know if it's quite blond, but it's definitely lighter. She is also getting pretty good at supported sitting (where she can sit with the help of toys or a hand that she can hold on to) but she's still probably a little ways from sitting on her own.

She's getting to be such a big girl! It's especially fun to be around her now that she is developing more personality. I love being a mommy!

3 comments:

Leticia Clarkson said...

Bethany! Hey. I have been thinking about you lately. How weird huh? Your little family is so cute. Mia is darling. I am so grateful for blogging! :)

mostly Stacy said...

what a cute girl! I love her constant look of surprise and enthrallment. You look like your having so much fun being a mom.

Melanie said...

Mia is so adorable! You are such a sweet mom, I love reading your blog!