Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The cursed blogger

I think that I have a case of the cursed blogger. Every time that I sit down to post pictures or write, something traumatic happens (ok, so maybe not traumatic, but at least dramatic enough to pull me away from the keyboard). :) Maybe I'll try making shorter posts from now on... perhaps I will be more successful. Anyway, here are a few of the happenings in the Knudsen household.


Shelton's family spent their Spring Break with us this past week. I don't think I realized what a sweet experience it would be to introduce our little girl to her grandparents.

Grandpa Knudsen

Grandma Knudsen
Grandpa Knudsen, Adeline, Mia, and Grandma Knudsen
Shelton and the fam taking advantage of the late snows. (Mia declined to go on this trip.... she didn't want to show anyone up).



In all of the literature that I have read about parenting a newborn there has always been at least one consistent piece of advice: Sleep when your newborn sleeps. What they neglect to mention however is that somehow, the second your baby closes her eyes, people start doing fun and interesting things. The pictures below were taken of us plawhen I should have been asleep, but everyone was just too interesting
Dayley (Shelton's little brother) is victorious!


It is inexplicably calming to hold Mia's little hands.

Have you ever taken a picture, and it just doesn't look like you? Well, I don't think that this picture really looks like Mia, but it's so darn cute anyway that I had to post it anyway.

So I read somewhere that babies' hair is supposed to fall out eventually... Well, Mia's hasn't. In fact, I think that it is growing. This picture reminds me a little bit of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals.

I love these socks.
Mia is awake more and more these days. I've tried to "play" with her since day one, but it's just recently that she seems to enjoy looking at the toys that I place in front of her.
I love this picture because it shows the look tha is most often on her face as I talk to her... very wide eyed bewilderment.

And finally, some pictures of Mia and I playing dress up. (I guess it's actually more of me playing dressup, and Mia briefly tolerating me). Notice how she enjoys the photo shoot less and less as time goes on.



Well, I think that is about all there is time to post for now. I'll try to post more frequently from now on. Love to everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bethany-
Glad we found each other in this big virtual blogging world! It's good to hear from you and looks like you are doing wonderful! Congrats on your newest edition she is so cute! We will have to keep in touch via blogging from now on:)

Shantelle said...

Oh my goodness! Mia is adorable. Her name fits her perfectly! Are you in Utah? We are spanish fork. We should definetly get together if we are close!

The Hills... said...

Bethany, she is SO cute and tiny! Can't wait to see her at church!