Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mama's, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys....

The days and weeks just seem to be flying by. I can't believe that Mia is 5 weeks old. Would you believe me if I told you that it seems like it was just yesterday that I was bumping into things with my pregnant belly, but at the same time it seems like she has been with us forever? I have always known that I wanted children, but I can't even tell you how "right" it feels to have her in our little family.

Speaking of family, this past Sunday Shelton and I (and Mia too, but I'm not too sure that she gleaned much) were able to watch conference, and I think that some of the talks on the family were just for me. (If you haven't seen it, try out this website: http://www.lds.org/conference/apr2008/archive/0,21321,8053-1,00.html) I don't mean to get up on my soap box, but I really feel blessed that Heavenly Father felt so inclined to communicate to me what I needed to hear the most.

As always, I should probably get a move on and hurry to finish before our little Mia-girl wakes up. Here are a few of the pictures from the last couple days.


I think that I purchased these boots when I was 16, and have been saving them in my hope chest ever since. No, I did not have a little girl then, and no, I was not married then, nor did I even know my husband-to-be yet, but yes, I did fall in love with them and yes, I did buy them in the hopes that I would SOMEDAY get married, and SOMEDAY have a sweet little girl. Looks like I got lucky on this one.
Shelton's grandparents recently returned from their mission to California (we are so proud of you!) and this past Sunday came to meet the newest Knudsen edition. Great Grandpa Dan must know what he is doing because she sat still (and happy) longer for him than she does even for me most of the time!

She still doesn't like dress-up quite as much as I do. To be fair, she really only got upset once I started taking pictures this time.

Mia tries so hard sometimes to stay awake, but her efforts are most often futile.

1 comment:

Marc, Miranda, Maycie and Nash said...

So....I saw the comment on our blog. Yes Maycie takes after Marc a lot more everyday. She looks like him...she is smart like him and she has his personality too! I got lucky cause I sure love Marc and now I Maycie who is just like him. I haven't felt super great. I get sick at any given time through out the day and recently my head hurts. I get headaches so bad I have to go to sleep to feel better. I just want the end result. I hate all the hard work you have to do to get it. Mia is sure cute. 5 weeks seems so little...I don't even remember Maycie being that small. I hope to be able to see her before she gets to big! Are you having luck with putting her on a schedule? Last time we spoke you weren't getting a lot of sleep. I know that's normal but soon she should start to sleep more hours at a time. Keep me posted. I have a lot of pictures of Disneyland to put up so check them out in a couple of days...not sure when I'll put them up but I will soon.