Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun with the Fam

About a week ago we were lucky enough to spend some time with the Shelton's parents in OKC. I think I need to sign Mia up for frequent flyer miles.

While we were there, we ate far too much good food, read far too much of Breaking Dawn (at least Camila, Bambi, Dayley and I did), and had far too much fun to want to come home.

We saw Camila and Jimmy's new home for the first time, and it's gorgeous. We also looked at some potential homes/area for next year when we (hopefully) move out to OKC for med school.

As usual, I took far fewer pictures than I had intended to, but here are a few.

Mia told Grandma Knudsen some pretty funny jokes.
We also get to spend some time with the Joerns (Gina is my brother-in-law Jimmy's mother who conveniently lives down the street from the Knudsen family). Incidentally, their house was struck by lightning the night after we arrived, and they had to spend the next few weeks in hotels while things were repaired. Crazy.

Cousin Danny and his beautiful fiance Natalia came to visit while we were there. Danny is on leave from duty in Iraq. We're sure proud of him.
Adeline and Mia are already kindred spirits.
Dayley turned 16 on the day that we left. Happy Birthday Dayley!
When we arrived home, Mia was a great help with the unpacking.
She kept the pillow at bay so it couldn't sneak away while I wasn't looking. Good girl, Mia.

6 comments:

John Gordon said...

You failed to mention that I beat Shelton at golf.

Tian Tian said...

Oh, family vacations are always so much fun. Except when you are the youngest. Then everyone wants to tell you what to major in and where to work at. I want to scream, "just let me make my own mistakes." But it let's me know that they love me.

Amy said...

Looks like you had lots of fun with the family. Families are awesome. And you have a beautiful mother-in-law!

BrookeRohm said...

bethany!!! i am so excited to find that you have a blog! fam vacations are the best vacations you could ever have and it looks like this one was a lot of fun. see you sunday!

megan b. said...

gosh mia is so dang cute! being a mom is so crazy! Sounds like all is going well for you!

Melanie said...

I'm SO behind on your blog- looks like such a fun trip! I'm really excited that you might move to Oklahoma next year!