Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mia!

Shelton and I are happy to announce that our baby girl has finally arrived! She made her way into the world at 6:28 am on March 4th. She weighed in at 6 lbs 11.6 oz and 19 inches long. I can't even tell you how amazing (and relieving) it is to finally have her here.

She is officially one week old today! I thought that I would be a little better about taking and posting pictures than I have been, but honestly, I'm just happy to report that we have survived! :) Who knew that such a little person could use so many diapers? My mom came up from Arizona to help us out as we figure out how to be parents, and I don't think that we could have made it without her. I don't know how in the world I am going to keep up with everyday life when she leaves. Things that I used to think were just a part of life- like taking a shower, using the restroom when I'd like to etc are now luxuries that I can only sometimes afford. :)

Despite the sleep deprivation and stained shirts, we love this little girl! I sometimes feel overwhelmed as I look at her and think of how lucky we are to have her in our lives. Thank you to everyone who has offered help and support both tangibly and emotionally! She's waking up, so I'd better go, but enjoy some of the pictures that we've taken!



Her first glimpse of the world, in the capable hands of Dr. Dewey.

The two most important people in my life. Evaluations.
Not sure what to do about the whole "light" thing. Doesn't she look mad? :)
I'm not sure why I like this picture so much. I think that it might be her chunky cheeks.
Birthweight.
I don't think it gets much better than this.
Our little family together for the first time. (Is my IV supposed to do that??)

Grams welcoming her 9th grandchild.

I did it!
Hopefully she'll grow into liking clothes.
Snuggling with Aunt Camila

Hanging out with Uncle Jimmy


Making the most of our hospital stay. Poor Shelton got to sleep in the chair.
I love her facial expressions when she sleeps
My great friend Sarah visiting us from the ICU whwew she works.



Getting ready to go home for the 1st time


An early aversion to car seats

It's a tradition in my family for my mom to give the grandchildren their first baths.


You'd never know it to look at this picture, but she really has learned to like baths.


She survived!

Looking cute in a new swing from Grams. The great outfit is from Beth Gordon (Thanks!) It's one of the few that fits her cute little body.
I think our record for keeping a hat/bow on her is like 4 minutes.

These are my favorite moments with her. She's so cuddly.
I tried to take some week old photos of her. I wish they did her a little more justice.
I always try to figure out what she is thinking when her eyes get as wide as they are in this picture.
Peek a Boo!
I love this little Girl!!!!!!!

I think that's all that there's time for me to post at the moment. Love to all of you!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I was so excited to finally see pics of sweet little Mia! (Love the name by the way.) She is an absolute doll! I can't wait to meet her. (By the way, I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to look that good right after you have a baby.)

Melanie said...

Hi Bethany! This is Melanie (we met at Camila and Jimmy's wedding as bridesmaids) Congrats on your beautiful little girl, I'm glad everything went well! You look great!

Shantelle said...

Bethany, I am so excited for you guys! She is beautiful! I am so glad that you are doing well! Where are you living now?

We are in Spanish Fork. We just had our 2nd son on Valentine's Day. Isn't it great being a mom?
We have a blog too at: www.tyshanfamily.blogspot.com
I am so glad that I found yours. I will check for updates!

Shantelle (sumsion) flake :)

Anonymous said...

Beth!! She's beautiful! Huge huge congratulations! What color eyes does she have? Or is she still in that early baby period when the eyes are still deciding?
And Mia, what a cute name! Bueno choice.
Are you sleeping better than when you were pregnant, or worse now that baby is come?
Love to you, and baby Mia!
~Shelley~

Miller Family said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting, and she is seriously so adorable. I can't believe how little they are when they first come out. Just seeing your cute little family makes me so excited for our little guy to come. Since I don't get to go to our ward anymore I will have to stop by and meet her. If you need ANYTHING let us know.

mostly Stacy said...

What a sweet baby your have! Is'nt it a little sureal that she is yours. I hope you two are getting enough rest.... at least to function :) she really is just beautiful

t.t.turner said...

Bethany I had to find your blog to see pictures of Mia! She is SO darling, and you are Miss Glamorous! I swear NOBODY looks that good after giving birth! Congratulations!

Tally
http://tayandtalturner.blogspot.com

Tea Marie Photography said...

Oh my gosh she is BEAUTIFUL!!! So are you though so it's really no surprise! :) I hope that when I have a kid someday that I can look half as good as you after labor. Seriously Beth!