Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dane

Dane Anders Knudsen arrived this past Tuesday, April 12th!
Weight: 6 pounds 13 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches.  

Dane because we love it, Anders because it's a family name (on both sides!) and Knudsen for what I hope are obvious reasons.

The delivery had a few hiccups here and there, but we are both happy and healthy now.  My time comes in pretty short snatches these days so I'll have to post the hospital experience later.  While I've got a few minutes, I'll post what everyone cares about anyway: pictures!

Our Doctor let Shelton deliver our son.  I was jealous he got to hold Dane first.
Our first (and only, or I wouldn't post this awesomeness) family picture.  Please keep in mind that I am so swollen I can't even bend my fingers.  Or smile broadly.  Significant blood loss + rapid fluid infusion = lovely.

This little boy has a tendency to melt hearts.

Mia pets him. Like a puppy.  She has been a sweetheart of a big sister.


Mia has been looking forward to changing this boy's diapers since we told her I was pregnant.  I think she was a little disappointed at how anticlimactic it was.

Shelton performs Dane's first osteopathic treatment. He loved it.





I almost started crying today when I realized this boy is going to grow up and leave me someday.

16 comments:

Kari said...

Congratulations Bethany! He is oh so cute and definitely melted my heart in these pics! By the way, you look great! Us mommy's have been there too and also have those "lovely" pictures that we hate at the moment but love looking back on. Good luck with baby #2!

DeAnna said...

Hi Bethany (DeAnna here). Congratulations!! I hope everything goes well. Don't worry even when he leaves home, he will come back with his own little ones :D

Tori said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

Kate said...

He is beautiful, guys. Congrats! Glad everything turned out okay for you!

Leticia said...

Congratulations! He is ADORABLE! How fun that Shelton was able to deliver him. The joys of having a husband in med. school I suppose. Good Luck with the new baby and if you ever need to spout off those "mommy moments" I'm available to listen! :)

Melanie said...

Congrats!! He is so adorable! Mia is going to be such a great big sister too :)

Matt Munyan said...

Congrats! You have two beautiful children!

Christina said...

Oops! That last comment was from Christina Kemp Munyan

Annie said...

Congratulations Beth! He looks so sweet!

exclusive_remedy said...

You guys have such a good looking family! Love it - you look beautiful Bethy, even when you are all 'swollen' (I don't see it though). I am sad though that you didn't name him 'Lipgloss', but I guess Dane is a good second choice. Love you guys *hugs*

Ryan and Corie said...

Congrats! He is super cute! Glad you guys are both doing well.

The Garrison Family said...

Congratulations! He is so cute...such a sweet family.

Geoff and Bets said...

Yay so happy for yall

Amy said...

Congratulations! He looks so adorable. There is nothing in this world like a newborn baby. It sounds like labor was rough. I'm so sorry and glad to hear you're doing well now! P.S. That's pretty cool that Shelton got to deliver the baby. I'm sure Ryan will be jealous.

Melissa Bosen said...

What a cute name! He is so adorable and we can't wait to meet him.
We love you guys and are happy to hear that you are recovering well.

Dan/Kealy said...

Congrats Bethany!! He's so cute!